Thursday, June 23, 2011

1950s SMALL TOWN LIFE/Reflections #1




                                                              

  REFLECTIONS #1


I want some promise of tomorrow
And so I say, "Until tomorrow then,"
And hum a secret tune within my mind,
And smile at promises of tomorrow, when
Whatever happens will reflect today,
The tarnished golden hours shined anew,
The variations on an older theme.
So all tomorrow promised will come true.
When time reveals the last tomorrow's shade
And locked-in words give up their solitude.
Then I am promised that rapt melody
That haunted me through every thought and mood.
But until then I wait with head held high,
Today was tomorrow yesterday, I'm told.
Creating memories is not my aim.
I leave them now, tomorrow to unfold.

Susan J. Skinner





copyright 2011 / all rights reserved

No comments: